When it comes to B2B email marketing, the subject lines are the first thing that the recipient sees. It’s your opportunity to grab their attention and persuade them to open your email. In a crowded inbox, it’s more important than ever to craft effective subject lines that stand out and drive engagement. Here at Winmo, we aim to have the best data possible including personality insights to help inform your outreach efforts.
So, what makes a subject line successful in 2023?
Here are some tips to keep in mind as you craft your next B2B email campaign.
- Keep it short and sweet: Aim for subject lines that are around 50 characters or less. This will ensure that your subject line is not cut off on mobile devices, which can be frustrating for the recipient.
- Use action verbs: Words like “discover,” “learn,” “improve,” or “save” can encourage the recipient to take action and open the email.
- Personalize it: Use the recipient’s name or company name in the subject line to make it more relevant and personalized. This can increase the chances of the email being opened.
- Offer value: Clearly communicate the value that the recipient will receive by opening the email. This could be information, a discount, or access to a valuable resource.
- Use numbers: Numbers can be attention-grabbing and make it easy for the recipient to understand the content of your email at a glance. For example, “5 ways to improve your [process]” or “10 reasons to choose [product].”
- Test and optimize: A/B testing different subject lines can help you determine which ones have the highest open rates. Use this information to continuously improve over time.
- Avoid using all caps or exclamation points, as these can come across as spammy: It’s also a good idea to avoid using vague or misleading subject lines, as this can damage your credibility and lead to low open rates.
Now that we’ve covered some general tips, let’s take a look at a few examples of effective B2B email subject lines that could potentially be used in 2023.
- “Discover the top 5 trends in [industry] for 2023”
- “Improve your [process] with our new [solution]”
- “Save 15% on [product] for a limited time”
- “Learn how [company] increased [metric] by [percentage] with [solution]”
- “Exclusive access: [industry] whitepaper for [company]”
As you can see, these subject lines clearly communicate the value that the recipient will receive by opening. They also use action verbs and numbers to make them more compelling.
While crafting effective B2B email subject lines is important, it’s also crucial to remember that the subject line is just one part of a successful email campaign. The body of the email should also be well-written and relevant to the recipient. Additionally, the timing and frequency of your emails can also impact their effectiveness.
In conclusion, crafting effective B2B email subject lines that get opened in 2023 requires a combination of brevity, action verbs, personalization, value proposition, and numbers.
It’s also important to test and optimize your subject lines, as well as remember the importance of the body of the email and overall email marketing strategy. By following these tips and best practices, you can increase the chances of your B2B emails being opened and driving engagement. Ready to apply these to real data and use a database with 98% email deliverability? Get a demo here.